GHCA/GCAL Summer Convention is a 5-day convention that began on June 11, 2017 at the Ritz-Carlton Resort in Amelia Island, Florida.
This convention is jam packed with speakers, CE credit hours, and tons of exhibitors. A few of the topics/speakers from this year were:
- What to Expect in a Trump Administration Challenges for Personnel Management– Jonathan Martin, Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP
- Why Quality Matters Policy Breakthroughs in Medicaid & Medicare- Aaron J. Frazier, Policy & Business Integration, First Quality Products, INC
- What to Expect from Georgia’s New Medicaid Eligibility System– Becky Hewitt, Long Term Care Reimbursement Specialist Hall Booth Smith, P.C.
During this convention, ACHCA offered a “Litigation Preparation in the Post-Acute World: A Certificate Program”. At the end of this program, attendees should now be able to have an improved understanding of litigation so that the facility executives and appropriate staff, as well as other interested and involved parties, could “navigate” the system.
The following Awards were presented by Sen. Jeff Mullis and Rep. Meagan Hanson at the awards Luncheon:
- 2017 Administrator of the Year, Jackie Pittman
- 2017 Executive Director of the Year, Hudie Langston
- 2017 New Administrator of the Year, Pam Williams
If you would like more information on GHCA/GCAL please visit their website by clicking here.